IWCF Well Control (Surface BOP stack) Levels 2, 3 & 4
Date & Location: Contact us for details.
Course Duration: 5 Days
Same Syllabus as IADC WellSharp
Main Course Objectives
This training course is designed for people engaged in critical well control operations on drilling installations. The candidates will complete an IWCF accredited training course, taught according to an approved and accredited IWCF syllabus.
At the end of the course, candidates who pass the exam will be awarded IWCF certificates issued from IWCF organisation based in the UK.
Levels Three & Four : Simulator is required
Level 2: No simulator
- Determine if well control equipment is fit for purpose.
- Identify barrier systems and barrier envelopes and methods of testing.
- Understand well control methods relating to well control operations.
- Learn to prepare a well kill plan and apply and implement well control methods.
- Identify various well control problems and their solutions.
- The principles and procedures of well control for surface BOP operations.
- To provide the knowledge, understanding and practical skills necessary to apply safe well control practices in Surface Installations.
- Understand and calculate hydrostatic pressure.
- Explain the difference between normal and abnormal pressure.
- Explain the causes of kicks.
- Recognize kick warning signals.
- Learn the correct procedure to shut in the well.
- Recognize surface indications of gas migrations.
- Learn to how to complete trip and kill sheets.
- Explain the functions and main types of BOP equipment.
- Identify the correct equipment for the purpose.
- Recognize the limitations of given BOP configurations.
- Explain the correct procedures for testing BOP equipment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how BOP control systems operate.
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize whether a BOP function has functioned correctly.
- Understand the principles of well barriers.
- Well control simulator familiarisation and IWCF practical assessment at Supervisor Level.
The course is delivered through lectures and detailed class-based exercise and supported by self-study exercises and group discussions. The course concludes with a practical examination for levels 3 and 4 and two closed-book examinations.
IWCF certificates are valid for 2 years.
- A pass mark of 70% is required in each section of the examination.