Various EPL instructors
This unique five-day course is aimed at people who are in critical well control positions during well intervention operations requiring essential and advanced knowledge in wireline and coiled tubing operations.
The course is accredited by both IWCF and IADC and candidates will be accredited an internationally accepted certificate after completing the course and passing the exam.
The course is delivered through lectures supported by videos and animations, self-study exercises, and group discussions. The course concludes with examinations leading to the required certificate of competence in well intervention. Certification is valid for two years.
The course will be supplemented by a specially written book by Dr. Hussain Rabia. The book is given free of charge to candidates attending the course. The book is not available for sale to the public.
At the end of the course candidates should be able to:
Identify wireline equipment and their functions
Identify coiled tubing equipment and operations.
Understand the function and selection of downhole equipment.
Understand rig up operations and essential surface equipment.
Learn about surface well control equipment specific to wireline and coiled tubing operations.
Understand how to deal with emergency operations and shutting in operations.
Understand of well control methods relating wireline and coiled tubing operations.
Identify completion types, completion equipment functions and industry practices
Identify barrier systems the terminology and how to rectify a faulty barrier.
Identify solutions to various well control problems
Determine if well control equipment is fit for purpose
Design a well kill plan for a production well and generate a kill graph.
Discuss production well kill problems and recommend appropriate solutions
Course Components: Summary
1. Applications of Wireline Operations: Slickline, Braided Line and Electric Line.
2. Wireline Surface Equipment.
3. Grease Control Head
4. Stuffing Box
5. Ball Check Valve
6. Rigging Up
7. Well control Equipment: Slick Line/Braided Line Shear Seal BOPs
8. Pressure Testing
9. Barrier Principles and Barrier Envelope
10. Secondary Barrier.
a. QUAD BOP,
b. TRIPLE BOP
c. “Combi” BOP
d. ANNULAR BOP
11. Tertiary Barrier: SHEAR/SEAL BOP.
12. Drift runs
13. Managing Leaks and Malfunctions on Surface
14. Contingency Procedures
Coiled Tubing Operations
1. Applications of Coiled Tubing equipment
2. Coiled Tubing Equipment: CT Reel, Goose neck, injector, stripper, lubricator.
3. Flanges and Sealing Rings.
4. CT Well control Equipment
5. Rigging Up and Selection of Bottom Hole Assembly
7. Pressure Testing
8. Barrier Principles
9. Coiled Tubing Limitations: Fatigue and Stress Cycles
10. Contingency Procedures
11. Shut in Procedures
Completion Well Control Equipment
1. Wellhead and Xmas tree components
2. Completion Equipment Accessories
3. Production tubing selection including threads, make up torque and lubricants.
4. Effects of tension, burst and collapse on tubing selection.
5. Completion nipples, downhole safety valves, Sid Sleeve Doors, Production Packers, Side Pocket mandrels perforated and blast joints.
6. Tail pipe accessories and seal assembly selection.
7. Tubing movements.
8. Completing the Well
9. Annulus Pressure Monitoring
Workover and Completion Operations
1. Introduction to Well Control
2. Introduction to Barriers
3. Risk Management
4. Causes of Unplanned Well Inflow
5. Circulating System
6. Well Integrity Testing
7. Influx Characteristics and Behavior
8. Shut in Procedures
9. Well Control Methods
Kill Method Principles
Normal and Reverse Circulation
Lubricate & Bleed
10. Inflow Testing
11. Pressure Gauge Failure
12. Surface Failures
13. Hydrate Formation
14. Contingency Planning
Entrac Petroleum under the supervision of Dr Hussain Rabia provide world class instructors accredited by both IWCF and IADC. The instructors are trained by Dr. Rabia and they continuously attend all types of well engineering and well construction courses taught by Dr. Hussain Rabia. A unique feature of our accredited courses is that all those who fail the exam first time, they can attend the second exam free of charge. No other company offer this type of service.
IWCF / IADC Exam with an internationally accredited certificate for those who pass the exam.
The participant will be able to understand well control equipment and well control methods and will be awarded an IWCF or IADC ( WellSharp) certificate on passing a formal IWCF or IADC test. The test can be a paper test or an online test.
Please register at centre and then send your CR number and passport scan to
We also run petroleum courses at refresher and advanced levels.
بالإضافة الى دورات تخص الحقول النفطية.
العنوان: مركز فضاء العراق - مجاور السفارة الفلبينية - شارع مول الواحة - تقاطع جامعة بغداد مجمع الجادرية – الجادرية – بغداد – العراق
أوقات الأستعلام و الاسفسارمن الساعة التاسعة صباحا الى السادسه مساء.
الرجاء الاتصال على الرقم Tel: +964 773 485 5848