Dr. Ali Qubian , Dr H. Rabia
Who Should Attend:
This course is suitable for Petroleum Engineers, Production Engineers, Reservoir Geologists, Drilling Engineers, Drilling Supervisors, Asset Team Members and Project Management Members.
Participants at the end of this course will be able to have a well rounded knowledge of the petroleum industry from geology, drilling, reservoir engineering to production. They will be able to understand reservoir rock properties, drive mechanisms, methods of depletion, well testing and well completion methods.
- Petroleum geology: Introduction, the earth and its structure sedimentary rocks, hydrocarbons, classification of oil and gas traps, exploration techniques.
- Petroleum Reservoirs: Reservoir rock properties
- Reservoir drive mechanism
- Drilling Operations: basic rig components, drilling fluids
- Drilling problems, downhole motors, directional drilling
- Casing programs, cementing operations
- Well completion: types of well completions, perforating, well stimulation
- Reservoir Fluid Properties: Introduction, composition and structure of petroleum, physical properties of hydrocarbons
- PVT analysis of reservoir fluids, properties of natural gases, phase behaviour of hydrocarbon systems
- Recovery methods: Primary recovery, enhanced oil recovery, recovery efficiencies, reservoir estimates
- Production of Oil and Gas: Flowing wells, artificial lift systems, comparisons, applications
- Processing of produced Fluids: Surface processing systems, surface equipment, fluid separation, gas dehydration, flowline sizing, and oil and gas measurement, net oil computers
- Offshore Operations: Historical development, weather, environmental forces, platform and facilities design and construction, special problems, storage and transportation, other equipment and special problems on production platforms, new developments